Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions, the following words will have the following definitions:
The College: Dublin City
The Student: The person placing the order to pay the required fee for the College Course and/or the person attending the College Course.
Commencement date: The first day of the specific College Course applied for.
Final Date: The date on which the student is scheduled to have his/her last class on the Course.
Certification: Certificate from ITEC and Sharleen Collins Academy
What amounts to gross misconduct will be at the discretion of the College. This conduct will include but will not be limited to the following:
– Threatening behaviour/physical violence
– Deliberate damage to College property
– A student under the influence of alcohol or prohibited drugs
– Theft of College property or student property
Please note that when enrolling in Sharleen Collins Academy, the day you pick to train needs to be finalized. We only take 10 / 12 students per group so this eliminates any overcrowding in classes. If you need to change the day you train with us for any unforeseen circumstances, you need to give the academy a minimum two months notice. You can only change to another day within the same groups starting.
A. FEES AND ENROLLMENT
1. The student will only be fully accepted on a Course run by the College following the procedure set out below:
Step 1. The student will fill out an application form, to be signed by the student to the effect that he/she understands the nature and content of the course to which that student is applying.
Step 2. The deposit for the Course applied for will be paid by bank draft or cash and any such payment will be made payable to the College and returned to the College along with the application form
Step 3. An enrolment letter will be sent to the email address of the prospective student informing him/her that their application has been successful and further providing that student with a copy of the College’s terms and conditions and policies & procedures.
Deposits are not refundable but shall be credited against the course fee. All Courses must be paid for in full in accordance with the payment policy outlined in the enrolment form. If a student fails to meet the agreed schedule of payment the following procedure will be followed:
1. The student will be immediately contacted by phone by a member of Sharleen Collins Academy team to advise them that their payment has not been received and that they have three working days in which to issue payment. The student will be allowed into class.
2. On the morning of the fourth day – should the payment not be received – The student will NOT be allowed into class. The student will be issued with a formal letter from the college advising them that they have a further 2 days to issue payment.
3. Should the morning of the third day arrive and the students still have not paid their balance then their details will be forward to our debt collection for payment and the student will be expelled.
The College reserves the right to change the commencement date of all College Courses subject to availability.
Please note deposits are non-refundable.
Fees are not refundable if the Course is interrupted by an Act of God or Terrorist Act. In such an event, an alternative course date will be offered and the Course will be resumed as soon as possible. If a student fails to complete a Course if any reason, all outstanding fees will remain payable to the College. Non-completion of a Course will not waive fee obligations. In the event of a student not completing a Course for medical reasons, whether fees remain payable will be at the full discretion of the College.
1. Should a student wish to transfer to another College Course, such transfer will be at the discretion of the College.
2. The transfer of deposits to other College Courses will be at the discretion of the College.
C. HOURS AND ATTENDANCE
1. Course Hours can be varied at the discretion of the College.
2. All students must hold a 90% attendance rate in order to receive their certification from the College.
3. All students must hold a 90% attendance rate within each course in order to sit their examinations.
4. In the event that a student is unable to attend a class for medical reasons/unforeseen circumstances, that student should contact the College at the earliest opportunity.
5. Classes will commence promptly at the published times irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be asked to wait for a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Please refer to our lateness policy.
6. It is not the responsibility of the College or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason. This is the responsibility of the student.
7. Early departure of a student from class is at the discretion of the particular tutor teaching the class. The tutor must be informed at the beginning of class.
1. If a make up/beauty product other than the products provided to students by the College cause any allergic reaction, or any other damage to students/models, the College will not be responsible.
2. The College does not accept responsibility or any liability for student’s belongings whilst they are on the College premises.
3. The student shall indemnify the College and keep the College indemnified against all losses, costs (including legal costs), actions, awards, damages, expenses, penalties or fines which the College may incur as a result of the negligent actions of the student.
4. The College will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or any delay in performance of any of the College’s obligations under the terms and conditions that may be caused by events outside the College’s control.
5. The College accepts no liability for beauty treatments that students perform once the College Course is completed.
E. DATA PROTECTION
1. The student acknowledges and agrees that its details such as name address and other details and any other personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) may be retained by and processed by the College in connection with the provision of Courses.
1. If a student fails to attend an examination for any reason, the College is not obliged to offer the next available exam date.
2. Students who fail examinations due to poor attendance and negligence of coursework may be asked to pay for extra classes needed in order for them to pass their examinations.
G. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. Any, creation, design, discovery or development made or discovered by a student in the course of his or her studies whether solely or jointly with another or others or at the request and upon the suggestion of the College or otherwise shall be forthwith disclosed to the College and shall belong to the College and the College will at all times own the intellectual property rights over any such creation, design, discovery or development.
2. The student agrees to assign to the College all right, title and interest in and to any, creation, design, discovery or development made, originated or developed by the student in the course of his/ her studies and shall whenever required to do so (whether during or after the College Course) assist in applying for intellectual property rights in Ireland or any other part of the world in relation to such creation design discovery or development and do all things necessary for vesting the said intellectual property rights when obtained and all rights entitlements to and interest therein in the College absolutely and as sole beneficial owner.
3. All intellectual property rights regarding Course materials shall at all times belong to the College.
H. SOCIAL MEDIA
The student agrees to their work/themselves being posted on any of Sharleen Collins Academy’s social media platforms throughout/after completion of the course.
1. Students will need to practice on one another during courses.
2. In the instances when models are required, the College is under no obligation to provide models, and this must be organized by the student.
3. In the event of a student being absent from a Make-up or Beauty Class, two students may be required to practice on one model. A student may have to practice on a fellow student or on him/herself.
4. Students are prohibited from removing College property from the College premises.
5. The College reserves the right to change the accreditation organization from one organization to another of equal standing without prior notice to the student.
6. Video security cameras are in operation at all times.
7. Security bag checks may be carried out at any time by the College and this applies to all students.
8. Make up products used on the Course that are provided by the College remain at all times the property of the College.
9. Gross misconduct will not be tolerated and will result in the immediate dismissal of any student found guilty of such conduct.
10. These terms and conditions supersede all earlier warranties, representations, statements, or agreements (whether written or oral). The student acknowledges that in agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions, it has not relied on any statement, warranty, representation or understanding of any person other than what is expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
11. If any provision of these terms and conditions are found by any Court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity shall not affect the remainder of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
12. Failure by the College to exercise or enforce any of its rights or remedies shall not constitute a waiver of any such right or remedy, nor shall it prevent the exercise or enforcement of the right or remedy at any time.
13. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the terms and conditions shall be governed by and in accordance with Irish law and with the Irish Courts having exclusive jurisdiction in relation to such.
14. The College reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove from the Course any student who is disruptive to other students, fails to make payment in full for the course, breaches health and safety guidelines or endangers themselves or others, if they arrive excessively late or miss any part of the course. Where a student is asked to leave the Course for the above reasons no refund will be given.
15. The College is free to make changes to the Course content / Diary in order to facilitate the needs of students
16. Students may be filmed in class at any time during their course. The footage may be used on Sharleen Collins Academy’s social media pages, website or in any other way the college deems appropriate.
17. All terms and conditions are accepted by students upon the booking of any course.
Any health issues that may affect or disrupt your course (physical, or mental) must be disclosed on your enrolment form, or in-person to your head tutor.